What applications are applicable for 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fitting System?
90/10 Copper Nickel No Weld Press Fit Piping systems have been used successfully in a very broad range of applications, these include:
- Potable and domestic cold and hot water (max 95°C)
- Pressurised lines up to 16 bar (232 psi)
- Machinery and Sea Water cooling
- Seawater Desalination
- Bilge and Ballast Pipe Systems
- Hot and chilled water for air conditioning plants
- Sprinkler and Fire systems
- Deck Wash Systems
- General Salt Water lines
- Compressed Air Lines and automatisms
- Vacuum lines
- Fuels & solvents including: diesel, lubricating oils, petroleum-based products and other aggressive fluids.
- Alternative to standard welded or Silbraze pipe systems.
What is the Pressure Rating of the Copper Nickel (CuNi) Press Fit Pipe and Fitting System?
The 90/10 Copper Nickel Press Fit Piping System can be used in systems with pressures of up to 16 Bar (1,600 kPa or 232 psi)
What are the main advantages of the Copper Nickel (CuNi) Press Fit Pipe and Fitting System?
The main advantages of No Weld 90/10 Copper Nickel Pipe and Fittings are:
- Simple and fast assembly, thus lower labour costs (highly skilled welders not required)
- Reliability of pipe work in severe service conditions (military specified)
- No hot work, thus no fire hazard during installation (significant risk reduction)
- Weight reduction (up to 40% lighter than Flanged systems)
- Elimination of workshop labour normally carried out with conventional systems (Can be built on site)
- Corrosion resistance (No reported instances of Crevice Corrosion as metal is not heated)
What types of Industries use the Copper Nickel (CuNi) Press Fit Pipe and Fitting System?
No Weld Pipes and Fittings have been used world wide for over thirty years. Industries include the following:
- Ship Building and Repairs, both Naval and Commercial
- Offshore Oil and Gas Rigs
- Energy Generation
- Manufacturing Plants
- Mining Process Plants.
- Heavy Industrial
- Waste Water Treatment.
How does the Copper Nickel (CuNi) No Weld Press Fit Pipe and Fitting System work exactly?
The No Weld 90/10 Copper Nickel Press Fit piping system is really very simple. You simply measure and cut the tube to the length required and de-burr. You then choose the desired fitting (from a range of over 60) and slide the fitting into the tube. Once you are happy with the fitting position, simply apply pressure via the Pressing Tool to ensure tightness between the tube and the fitting. The “O” ring creates the pressure seal. The tool is designed to apply the correct pressure to the fitting and automatically releases once the cycle is completed. The task is totally finished in a few seconds.
How long does the “O” Ring last within the fitting?
The No Weld fittings are supplied in there standard from with NBR “O” ring’s. This rubber is particularly resistant to ageing, heat, as well as to fuel oil or for lubricants. Pipe Fittings are supplied on request with “O” ring’s of HNBR for gas systems. It is important to ensure that the correct “O” ring is used in each application. With the correct “O” ring installed Non Weld Pipes and Fittings have been in service for over 30 years across the world in a broad range of applications without “O” ring failure. Due to this fact and the benefits gained, Non Weld Pipe and Fittings installations continue to grow significantly around the world.
Why use Copper Nickel (CuNi) No Weld Press Fit Pipe and Fittings?
- Corrosion resistance. Suitable for Salt Water applications and provides resistance to most aggressive waters
- Strong and long life. Low maintenance, durable and often the least expensive alternative when whole of life cycle costs are considered.
- Resistance to high temperatures
- Piping installation without fire hazard
- Resists scaling and Marine Growth
- Fire resistant and will not melt or give off toxic fumes in a fire
- Hygienic for potable waters.
- Time saving for repairs and maintenance after installation.
- Eliminates need for specialist welding
- Ease of installation in confined areas
What other materials does the Press Fit Pipe and Fitting come in?
The Press Fit Pipe and Fittings are available in the following metal types:
- Stainless Steel 316L AISI
- Copper Nickel 90/10
- Galvansied Steel
What organisations have approved the Copper Nickel (CuNi) Press Fit Pipe and Fitting System?
The Tube and Fittings within the No Weld Press Fit Piping range have been approved by many of the worlds classification societies including Lloyds, DNV and BV and many more. Press Fit is manufactured in keeping with the strictest standards in Europe. Please see the Catalogue for further detail on approvals.
Where can I get Technical Information on the Copper Nickel (CuNi) No Weld Press Fit Pipe and Fitting System?
Download the Technical Information here: Download the Technical Brochure
How do I order the Copper Nickel (CuNi) No Weld Press Fit Pipe and Fitting System?
Simply contact one of the Copper Nickel piping specialists at MEI. Contact Us