“ We recently completed a medium size SS316 Press Fit Piping installation for a chicken abattoir in Tamworth. This installation used sizes ranging from 15 mm up to 54 mm diameter piping, using approximately 300 metres of stainless steel Press Fit piping. The piping installations were for hot and cold potable water, compressed air, cooling water, caustic lines, mixing units and other chemical cleaning lines….The benefits of the system to Woods Plumbing, which is passed on to our customers are:
- The speed of install means that we now complete jobs much faster and more cost effective than other options
- SS316 Press Fit system is cost effective against threaded or welded SS piping systems
- Using the Press Fit system made the job that much easier than other piping options
- Eliminating welding of stainless steel piping means that I can have multiple tradesmen installing SS piping. This provides greater flexibility and assists with better utilisation of personnel resources on site. It also eliminates the requirement for hot work permits and the physical difficulty of manually handling/carting welding equipment.
- The system has the benefit of being in-situ and making alterations as required to achieve the customer’s desired outcome so much easier than on site welding with gas purging.
- Press Fit reduces the amount of rework for installations, as well as making any last minute changes which can be altered fast and with ease.
…My experience with the SS Press Fit piping system and with MEI as the suplier of this product only can be recommended…I have no hesitation in recommending MEI and the SS316L Press Fit Piping product, their service and their ability to supply…"